Thursday, September 3, 2009

Love your heart


Eating Chocolate Reduces Abnormal Blood Thickness – Astonishingly six months ago a blood test revealed that my blood was too thick, not a surprise to me as there is Angina problems both sides of my family. My Father developed Angina in his mid-forties. Advised to take an Aspirin a day six months ago, I ignored this advice and ate natural Xocai non-alkalized chocolate. Why did I do this? Last year I read reports of studies showing that Epicatechins, one of a group of chemicals known as flavanols, was directly linked to improved circulation and other hallmarks of cardiovascular health. Researchers at University of California, Davis; Heinrich-Heine University of Duesseldorf, Germany; Harvard Medical School, hope the findings will lead to new dietary or medicinal methods for improving and maintaining cardiovascular health. My blood thickness is now normal at 9.2. Eating just 3 pieces of chocolate a day achieved amazing results and I generally feel more energised. “We have been able to demonstrate a direct relationship between the intake of certain flavanols present in cocoa, their absorption into the circulation and their effects on cardiovascular function in humans," said UC Davis biochemist Hagen Schroeter, who co-authored the paper along with cardiologist Christian Heiss at Heinrich-Heine University. Did you know that Mayan Indians used ‘uncooked’ chocolate as medicine 2-3,000 years ago.
So are you getting enough Epicatechins?

No comments:

Post a Comment